We are receiving job applications for a Senior Compliance Analyst to join our team at BNY Mellon in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
The BNY Mellon Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Team is part of the 2nd of the Company´s Three Lines of Defense and works together with managers and employees of the Lines of Businesses (1st line), Risk & Compliance (2nd line) and Internal Audit (3rd Line) to protect the company from being used as a vehicle for money laundering and other financial crimes. The area operates independently, assisting the organization in the evaluation of their regulatory adherence by assessing controls, processes and corporate governance.
This position has dual reporting to the Head of International AML and to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer, with primary focus on oversight of the controls that are part of the AML Program of BNY Mellon Brazil.
- Execution of AML Compliance Monitoring and testing reviews in accordance with the Annual Compliance Monitoring plan, Compliance Monitoring guidelines, methodologies and documentation standards;
- Reviews of KYC of clients that have been flagged and escalated for additional review due to association with high risk factors (i.e.: high risk country, politically exposed person);
- Review of transactional and static data alerts generated on a daily basis as part of AML Surveillance and Economic Sanctions Controls;
- Act as AML Advisor to 1st Line of Defense.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration and Economics, others;
- Fluent English (writing, reading and speaking);
- Skilled in communication and interaction with internal clients, compliance team members and businesses partners (Internal Audit, Risk, etc.);
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office package, especially Excel, Adobe PDF and PowerPoint;
- Previous experience in AML related position.
- Previous experience with investment funds;
- Experience in Big Four Companies, Internal Audit, Compliance.
Centro - Rio de Janeiro
(Remote Work until at least Jan/21)
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.