Manager, Segment Marketing
The Segment Marketing Manager fosters relationships by working closely with account teams, solution architects, and customers. S/he provides leadership and vision, while being a contributing, inspiring member of the team of resources focused on achieving business outcomes. S/he collaborates with account executives and technical subject matter experts to define account strategy and deliver the right approach for our clients' digital transformation. S/he is an expert on IT, including how enterprises leverage technology to achieve business goals.
Key Responsibilities & Competencies
In order to be successful in this role, you must possess superior communication skills and experience, a technical and creative solutions background, writing & presentation skills and a strong knowledge of enterprise networks and people management skills.
You will need to be comfortable understanding client’s pain points and latest network, architectural, and application designs within sub-segments. Candidate must possess a drive and a curiosity to automate and affect change within companies and industries by understanding latest network and technical trends including Digital, Edge, Cloud, IoT, mobile, and omni-channel development.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
• People management being accountable for the performance and results of direct reports
• Responsible for:
+ the performance management of team members, including disciplinary actions and hire/fire recommendations
+ the “Grow, Perform, Succeed” process including assessments and Total Rewards allocations of direct reports
+talent development, including quarterly conversations, career pathways conversations and individual development/growth plans
+ resource and budget management
• Ability to coach sales through an Equinix Account Strategy Plan (ASP) and position how to help solve on Platform Equinix™
• Ability to actively coach sales on applying messaging and positioning to specific opportunities
• Support quarterly earnings script development through identification, classification and delivery of key wins and vertical/industry trends
• Team with sales on customer presentations by defining messaging, solutions, key trends and insights
• Team with field marketing on defining messaging, delivering event presentations
• Provide continuous field feedback to content development team on what is working and not working in the field with customers, sales and analysts
• Support sales on RFPs and key proposals by defining messaging, solutions, key trends and insights
• Understand global trends that may affect the uptake of any key client solutions
• Assist in analyzing, developing and documenting the Equinix value proposition for key participants to drive Equinix interconnection and ecosystem growth in key industries such as financial services, government, manufacturing and healthcare
• Advanced understanding of infrastructure (network, storage, compute, virtualization) and information security
• Proficient on cloud platform architecture and design including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS
• Knowledge of software-defined networks, software-defined data center infrastructure and understanding of modern cloud capabilities (Private, Hybrid and Public)
• Strong interpersonal and presentation and writing skills
• Excellent communication, analytic and problem-solving skills
• Sound business acumen and executive presence
• Proven track record of working with subject matter experts, consultants, professional services, IT, operations, and others over the technology lifecycle to maximize ROI and minimize TCO
• Strong ability to think creatively and strategically
• Proven collaborative approach; openly sharing information and receptive to the ideas of others
• Exceptional team building skills with the ability to direct, motivate and empower teams through a persuasive and credible thought process and presentation skills
Core Values and Culture
• Strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
• Passion for learning
• Highest level standards in honesty, integrity and professionalism
• Known for valuing and supporting diverse individuals and cultures
• Bachelors or master’s degree or equivalent plus significant relevant experience.
• Fluent in Portuguese and English
• People management experience (directly or indirectly).
• Enterprise IT expertise across network, applications, workloads, infrastructure and data center
• Solid experience working in network, data center and virtualization related technologies.
Equinix is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data centre companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward-thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centres in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more reliably. We hire hardworking and ambitious people who flourish when solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our inclusive culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic ego, gritty people who build The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put our people at the centre of everything we do.