- Assistência médica
International Graduate Opportunity, International Graduate Opportunity - Necessário disponibilidade para atuar em outros países.
The John Crane Graduate Engineer Program offers engineering graduates a unique opportunity to join a 24 to 30 months hands on Graduate Program. The Program includes rigorous technical training, soft skills training as well as field engineering exposure and gives graduates the opportunity to work on real projects.
As part of our Graduate Engineering Program, you will be assigned to an international field location where you will gain practical hands-on field reliability engineering experience and be mentored and work alongside experienced Engineers.
We are looking for graduates who can solve real world challenges, so you will utilize your team working skills, outside of the box thinking, effective communication and innovation.
Your assignment locations may be international, and shorter-term assignments of up to two months may also form part of the Program, so it is ideal if you are enthusiastic about an international setting, exposure to different work-cultures and eager to learn.
Upon completion of the Graduate Engineer Program, each engineer’s career path will differ based on a variety of factors. Some engineers may elect to continue within Operations, while other engineers may elect to pursue an Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, or Functional career path. Career advancement opportunities available after the Graduate Engineer Program are based on individual performance and potential, demonstrated experience, professionalism, personal preferences, business needs, and management recommendation.
Program will consider International Non-US Citizen Candidates with Student Visa and/or work authorization for 12 months through Optional Practical Training (OPT) with a graduation date from dez/
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent degree) or letter from registrar confirming graduation date from Dez/2019 to June/2020.
- We are looking for students who are eager to go on international assignments and are excited by a culturally diverse setting.
- Previous engineering experience (internship, co-op, undergraduate research, etc.) is advantageous
- You enjoy areas such as New Product Development, Prototyping, testing and design/analysis
- Experience in design, drafting and related technical assignments is a plus.
- It is advantageous if you have experience of Internal Engineering Software Systems such as Solid Edge (CAD), Rulestream (Automated CAD) TeamCenter (CAD Database), FEA, Engineering WebCalcs, Seal Selector, Global Change Notice Engineering Revision System, etc.
- You possess good problem-solving skills, which include the ability to gather, correlate and present statistical data for review and usage by an engineer for the completion of an assigned project.
- You are excited by and display our values of Integrity, Respect, Customer Focus, Ownership, Passion.
If you are ready to go on an adventure with John Crane please apply!
Duties & Responsibilities
Your onboarding will consist of in-depths technical training with your peers on the Program to ensure you are well prepared for your field assignment. The onboarding training will comprise a mix of technical as well as non- technical topics as below:
- Mechanical Wet & Gas Seal Fundamentals – Elements, Assembly, Installation, Design, Selection, Evaluation, Troubleshooting, etc.
- Seal Support Systems Fundamentals - Heat Exchangers, Cyclone Separators, Filtration, Valves, etc.
- Couplings Fundamentals
- Rotary Equipment Fundamentals – Pumps, Compressors, Turbines, Vessels, etc.
- Field/Reliability Engineering Fundamentals – Technical recommendation, product evaluation, assembly, installation, troubleshooting, MTBR improvement, customer communication, etc.
- Wet Seal Design & Application Engineering
- Manufacturing & Operations
- Field & Customer Reliability Engineering
- Additional Non-Technical Workshops – Project Management, Business, Marketing, Finance, Communication
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity.
Smiths is always looking for curious minds. For new colleagues who want responsibility and relish a challenge. Those who would like to use their talents to help make the world safer, healthier, more efficient and more connected. We're proud that we've been helping propel the human world forwards during our 160 year history of innovation. By looking at things differently. By adapting and never standing still. And by always thinking big. Today we're an aligned global business of five divisions and around 22,000 colleagues that touches the lives of millions every year across five vibrant global markets.
For more than 100 years, John Crane has partnered our customers around the world to deliver innovative solutions that improve process and equipment reliability through a relentless focus on quality, a passion for service, and uncompromising commitment to our people, safety, the environment and ethical business practices.
With more than 5,800 employees around the globe, we supply and service the products used by our customers in process industries for their mission-critical operations. Being a valued and trusted partner is more than what we do―it is our legacy. Our core values―respect, ownership, integrity, customer focus and passion―guide our actions and behavior every day. So whether you're an experienced professional or just starting out on your career, our global scale and focus on growth means great career opportunities for the right colleagues.
There's never been a better time to join Smiths. And help us create the future.