Strategic Sales Support
• Provides basic technology solutioning support to Equinix global field and channel sales
• Supports development of the account technology strategy (application of Equinix IOA) with Equinix Account Executives
• Prepares and conducts Customer workshops
• Prepares and delivers Customer presentations
• Develops peer relationships with customers
• Demonstrates Equinix values through the provision of credible and convincing reasoning through compelling solutions to have a customer choose Equinix
Research and Development
• Keeps up-to-date with the state of the art by utilizing the GSE Solution Development Framework
• Collaborates on the research of relevant technology trends
• Provides input on the analysis of technology impacts
• Recommends to stakeholders based upon research finds
Subject Matter Expertise
• Maintains Industry awareness through training, reading, research, collaboration and industry event attendance
• Interfaces with fellow stakeholders in the products and solutions lifecycle such as in the EQUINIX CIO, CTO, CMO and CSO organizations on technology and service initiatives, new product introductions, technology roadmap, and commercial concerns
Technology and Innovation Insights
• Provides technical subject matter expertise to Sales, Marketing and the Industry through support in creating, developing and delivering content for proposals, marketing studies and marketing events
• Supports the briefing of Sales teams on the impact of new technology
• Supports the briefing of Sales teams on the features, restrictions and selling points of new Equinix products and offers
• Analyzes opportunities and problems within customer context, business plans, technological statuses, and strategic direction
• Supports the development of solutions in technology, processes, organizational, impact, commercials, and implementation plans
• Develops solution benefits and business cases for change
• Shares findings in customer presentations
• Bachelor's Degree in Technology or equivalent experience required;
• Proficiency in English is mandatory;
• Previous experience with Solutions Selling in a commercial pre-sales position in data center environment;
• Great knowledge of IT infrastructure such as Storage, Backup, Servers and Virtualization;
• Previous experience working with Cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, Google or similar.
Equinix is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Equinix is one of the fastest growing data center companies, growing connectivity between clients worldwide. That’s why we're always looking for creative and forward thinking people who can help us achieve our goal of global interconnection. With 200 data centers in over 24 countries spanning across 5 continents, we are home to the Cloud, supporting over 1000 Cloud and IT services companies that are directly engaged in technological innovation and development. We are passionate about further evolving the specific areas of software development, software and network architecture, network operations and complex cloud and application solutions.
At Equinix, we make the internet work faster, better, and more optimally. We hire hardworking people who grow with solving hard problems and give them opportunities to hone new skills, try new approaches, and grow in new directions. Our culture is at the heart of our success and it’s our authentic, humble, gritty people who create The Magic of Equinix. We share a real passion for winning and put the customer at the center of everything we do.