This role will lead, develop and deploy the regional initiatives and processes to improve productivity and deliver improvements in the utilization of contractors within the assigned region.
Alcoa is seeking a dynamic Civil engineering Senior Professional with practical experience in structural engineering, asset integrity inspection or identification and delivery of contracts, productivity and innovation within an operational workforce.
This position will join our Global Asset Management team in this challenging role which will provide technical advice, guidance and technical leadership in the identification and development of best in class contract strategies, contractor productivity, and education, training and delivery of the Contractor Model in support regional and global operations.
This is a strategic role reporting to the Global Contractor and Shared Services Manager and will be a key member of the Contractor Management Global Lead Team and accountable to lead technically and develop regional lead teams as appropriate.
The successful candidate will also be a key contributor to the development and implementation of global Contractor Management policies, processes, standards, systems and best practises. Beyond the delivery and implementation of the Contractor Model, a key focus of this role will be the identification, development and delivery of innovation and changes to drive ongoing improvements in productivity and safety.
To be considered for this role, you will have the ability to build strong influential relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally, as well as have exceptional contractor management, technical leadership, communication, consulting, negotiating, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Leads the development and implementation of the Contractor Management process and model across the assigned region;
- Provides leadership in relation to Contractor Management;
- Provides leadership in innovation and optimization, focused on driving improvements in Contractor productivity and cost saving opportunities in support of Operations across all locations within assigned region;
- Provides leadership in the development and implementation of global and regional fleet strategy;
- Prepare, maintain and execute audit processes confirming the Operational compliance and adherence to the Contractor Model across all sites within the assigned region;
- Act as a key stakeholder for the identification and development of contract strategy to provide improved contractor services for customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Mechanical engineering or similar with significant experience in structural engineering, asset integrity programs and processes within these disciplines;
- Advanced English and Portuguese Level is mandatory;
- Availability to travel;
- Solid experience as an engineer or coordinator of a service support function, or mining (preferred) fleet management, working in an operational environment;
- Experience in developing, administering or managing Contract/Contractor Management and in fleet management or asset acquisitions and replacement activities;
- Strong experience in technical leadership and delivering innovation and change within organizations.
*CVs must be written in English.
O Consórcio de Alumínio do Maranhão - ALUMAR é um dos maiores complexos de produção de alumina do mundo. Inaugurado em Julho de 1984, é formado pelas empresas Alcoa, South 32 e RioTinto, e desempenha um papel importante no Maranhão.
A Alumar estrutura o seu modelo de negócios apoiada no conceito de sustentabilidade, incorporando em seu dia a dia critérios que asseguram o sucesso econômico, preservação ambiental e a responsabilidade social. Um dos pilares desse modelo é o Sistema de Gestão da Alcoa (ABS) que busca a melhoria contínua na qualidade do sistema produtivo: diminuindo custos, reduzindo tempo de produção e melhorando as condições de saúde, segurança e meio ambiente no local de trabalho.
Somos uma empresa que acredita que a diversidade enriquece nosso negócio e valorizamos a pluralidade de comportamentos e experiências. A Alcoa conta com as redes AWN (Alcoa’s Women Network – Rede de Mulheres Alcoa) e Eagle (Employees at Alcoa Gay and Lesbian Equality), a fim de promover diversidade e inclusão em um ambiente dinâmico e acolhedor, em busca de atingir o completo potencial humano e profissional.
Agir com Integridade
Operar com Excelência
Cuidar das Pessoas