ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an Admissions Coordinator (Gávea Campus) who will welcome prospective families interested in enrolling their children in Escola Americana do Rio de Janeiro. This person will be in charge of following the Admissions Process, from individual interviews until the final decision.
The position is temporary (6 months) to cover a maternity leave.
Reports to: Director of Advancement.
- Written and spoken English must be fluent.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, proactive, task-oriented and attentive to detail.
- Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize work.
- Knowledge of multicultural , US and national curriculum.
- Ability to work in multicultural/international environment.
- This position requires professional judgment, communication skills, diplomacy and confidentiality both within the school community and the external community.
- Receive all new and prospective parents seeking admission to the school;
- Conduct personal interview and school tours with the prospective parents, providing information about the educational programs offered at EARJ and the inscription and tuition fees for regular or corporate clients;
- Notify parents in writing if their child admission was accepted or rejected at EARJ;
- Make sure that the parents journey is running perfectly as from the first contact, documents release, orientation of parents;
- Work with Principals to coordinate follow-up meetings with the parents of admitted and non-admitted applicants to explain assessment results and admissions decisions;
- Organize and conduct new parent orientation each semester;
- Generate monthly reports about admissions indicators, wait lists, withdrawals and students per grade level;
- Monitor wait lists;
- Make sure the children are accepted according to the school’s admissions criteria and enrollment priorities.
- Assistência médica
- Assistência odontológica
- Café da manhã
TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
This is the common purpose that we share as educators at Escola Americana do Rio de Janeiro. It has been our school’s mission for over 80 years and continues to be the fundamental belief that drives all of us as we work with the EARJ community to offer a world-class American international education in the ‘cidade maravilhosa’.
The history of EARJ is a story of change, of innovation and of ambition. It is a story that has taken EARJ from a small villa on the beach at Ipanema, to the opening in 1971 of our iconic rainforest campus in Gávea, to the more recently opened second
campus in Barra, designed to bring an EARJ education to those who live in the rapidly growing western area of Rio de Janeiro.
Our school is unique in many ways, not least because of its alumnae, many of whom are second, third or even fourth generation graduates of EARJ. They help us to remain connected to our past as we look to innovate, change, grow and embrace the world ahead of us. Our community is diverse ethnically, culturally and linguistically. Our student body blends the internationality that comes from so many home nations on our roll, with the international mindedness and global outlook of our Brazilian families who are ambitious for their children to become global citizens. Our faculty body is similarly diverse yet united by both a commitment to the ideals of international education and a joy in being a part of the EARJ story.
If you want to feel part of something special, and if you want to make a real difference through the work that you do, then maybe EARJ is the kind of community where you will feel at home.