The position will be based in Rio de Janeiro and will have a direct reporting line to the Brazil Treasurer.
- Management of surplus liquidity in the balance sheets of all Brazilian legal entities, by deploying liquidity in suitable short term money market instruments including interbank placements, repo/reverse repo, purchase/ sale of public bonds, central bank placements, intercompany placements;
- Monitoring and execution of trades within the securities portfolio, where required;
- Funding and liquidity management in compliance to all internal and external regulatory limits including liquidity limits, Volcker limits, market limits, and credit limits, as required;
- Testing of sources of liquidity identified in legal entity contingency funding plans and maintaining diverse liquidity sources and access to local markets;
- Managing market and liquidity risk arising in the banking book;
- Ensuring strong controls and processes in place, e.g. adhering to trader mandates and desk procedures;
- Responsible for overseeing Business Continuity Planning for Treasury Execution activities, ensuring the ability to perform execution of funding and liquidity management transactions on a daily basis across all in scope entities.
- Prior experience effectively managing Treasury front office execution;
- Strong understanding of the money market;
- Solid risk management skills and understanding of the regulatory environment;
- Robust written and communication skills;
- Sound judgement and decision making skills;
- Strong background in yield calculations, portfolio duration, VaR concept, IR sensitive analysis and collateral analysis;
- Fluency in English and Portuguese;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.