As part of the plant management team, the Purchasing Manager is responsible for the local business unit Purchsing Team with the mainly missions:
- Manages all aspects of the Purchasing function at the plant to foster competitiveness in liaison with company strategy.
- Manages purchasing team, ensures staff availability and grow the competence needed.
- Drives project purchasing staff
- Defines and implements site purchasing performance in line with budget for technical/re-sourcing materials productivities and reservoir
- Reduce site exposure to supplier base risk
- Ensure coverage of logistics protocols for all bought out parts
For this position, we are looking for a very commited manager, preferably with an Engineering Degree, very experienced in leadership and purchasing team management with fluent english skills.
Valeo is an automotive supplier, partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technology company, Valeo proposes innovative products and systems that contribute to the reduction of CO2 emissions and to the development of intuitive driving. In 2017, the Group generated sales of 18.6 billion Euros and invested 12% of its original equipment sales in Research and Development. At December 31, 2017, Valeo has 184 plants, 20 research centers, 35 development centers and 15 distribution platforms, and employs 111,600 people in 33 countries worldwide.