BASIC FUNCTIONS: This position performs moderate research, design, and data engineering assignments within a specific engineering functional area or product line.
· Solid experience in data management area with a technical competencies demonstrated.
· Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering/Computer Science preferred but not required); or equivalent experience required.
· File management skills and logic.
· Ability to work with simple data models.
· Familiarity of Industry best practices - Code coverage.
· Knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
· Good knowledge of data manipulation languages.
· Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
· Good problem solving skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to work in a strong team-oriented environment
· Familiarity with ETL workflows
· Big data knowledge is a plus
· Good oral and written communications skills.
· Own specific set or group of data transfers in various capacities including collection setup, data transfer setup, contributor/customer setup, etc.
· Oversee specific database management ensuring structure and dataflow adheres to department standards.
· Perform daily data loads ensuring recurring updates are logged and tracked.
· Utilize various data workflow management and analysis tools.
· Produce code that is efficient, repeatable, and adherent to best practices such as naming conventions, encapsulation, etc.
· Good level of intimacy within a specific data content area.
· Participate in process improvement and compliance to successfully and consistently deliver high quality services on time, and to specification, resulting in flexibility to react quickly to changes in priorities or circumstances to meet business needs.
· Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of data components of moderate complexity.
· Complete simple data engineering bug fixes and resolve technical issues as necessary.
· Work closely with other engineering team members to understand data and translate requirements.
· Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
· Participate in project reviews.
· Keep abreast of new technology developments.
· All other duties as assigned.
Fluent English and Portuguese.