Our client is an American Multicompany allocated in Guarulhos-SP and they are looking for a Sr. Development Engineer.
The main responsibilities for this position will be:
· Apply engineering and problem solving skills to complete design and mechanical development work relating to customer application options for MidRange on-highway and off-highway VPI engine programs.
· Participate in and lead cross functional design reviews.
· Learn and follow Cummins processes as required to release components.
· Lead changes to existing and new products to support future product engine development in the areas relating to the mechanical subsystems of Air Compressors, Engine mounts, Dipsticks, Belt drives (including Alternator and Refrigerant compressors), etc.
· Apply the 7 step problem solving method to address product development issues.
· Assure all engineering technical data is complete and accurately documented, establish and maintain technical files per the engineering processes, applicable certifications and product requirements.
o Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering
o Solid understanding of engineering fundamentals
o Experience or education relating to engines and vehicle integration strongly preferred
o Excellent presentation skills
o Pro/E experience in assemblies, parts, and drawing modeling preferred
o Experience or education in common quality tools and methodologies such as: 7-step problem solving, Design for Six Sigma, FMEA, DFMA are preferred
· Skills-Team work
o Possess and/or encourages the Cummins core values of: Integrity, Innovation, Delivering Superior Results, Corporate Responsibility, and Diversity
o Ability to work well in a global team environment and able to plan and execute projects jointly with Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, and Suppliers
o Ability to gain consensus and commitment from other functional areas of the company
o Good interpersonal skills
o Good oral and written communication skills