We’ll trust you to:
- Operate a multi-line telephone console system, alerting system, and Bloomberg Terminal.
- Determine and assign the level of priority of the call and enter the data into a computer effect radio communications and dispatch
- Ask vital questions and provide pre-arrival instructions for emergency medical calls
- Monitor and operate a radio console and computer equipment
- Receive and respond to a variety of emergency and non-emergency services and complaints
- Ask questions to interpret, analyze and anticipate the caller’s situation as to resolve problems, provide information, dispatch emergency services, or refer callers to other agencies or offices
- Identify appropriate number and type of response to request and dispatch
- Enters and modifies information into computer databases
- Monitor and respond to a variety of technical systems and alarms
- Monitor and interpret activities on video surveillance systems
- Interpret news alerts, emergency announcements, and weather bulletins and communicate these in a timely manner
- Report safety concerns, security breaches and unusual circumstances both verbally and in writing
- Be aware of and familiar with the site-specific operations performance manual and post orders for locations in the Area of Responsibility
- Run and control internal tickets
- Support Territory manager in administrative issues (budget control, interaction with other departments, etc)
You need to have:
- Advanced English language and if possible Spanish
- Attending Business Administration, preference to those with College graduation
- Knowledge and skill in public safety and security
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative and professional relationships with fellow employees, representatives from other departments, and supervisors
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to reach conclusions and approaches to problems
- Ability to use judgment and decision-making skills to evaluate situations, establish priorities, and resolve matters
- Ability to think quickly, work effectively under stressful situations
- Ability to actively listen and communicate effectively through clear speech and hearing
- Ability to follow instructions, write clearly and spell correctly, establish priorities and effectively communicate and pass along information as needed
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office package, mainly in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Bloomberg is committed to diversity. It drives our innovation. At Bloomberg, you'll have the opportunity to go above and beyond and to take risks. You'll be a part of an organization that is entering new markets, launching new ventures, and pushing boundaries. Our ever-expanding array of technology, data, news, and media services fosters innovation and empowers clients -- and offers nearly limitless opportunities for career growth.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.