Barry Callebaut has an opening for a Pricing Coordinator. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, engaged, organized self-starter with strong analytic and technical skills. Demonstrates the ability to exercise a high level of independent judgment, decision-making, accuracy, creativity and initiative. Responsible for analyzing and developing both current and future chocolate pricing. Candidates should possess a background in data analysis as well as advanced knowledge of Excel and SAP.
Key responsibilities / accountabilities:
· Develop competitive and accurate pricing proposals to our sales team and customers by using existing pricing models, market intelligence and additional input from all internal and/or external stakeholders
· Understand the cocoa market fundamentals and gather in-depth knowledge of all steps and components of the chocolate manufacturing process in order to improve the pricing process
· Continuously evaluate profitability of existing business and develop margin simulations and alternative proposals based on our manufacturing footprint, tax benefit and cost component impact for any future business opportunities
· Develop and manage effective and analytic reporting tools to support the BU and the organization’s needs
· Actively manage pricing driven projects and participate in projects impacting the pricing team
· Daily data management in SAP in close collaboration with the Sales team of the accounts in our portfolio (e.g. customer info, channel, discount, price list)
· Coordinate monthly price picking activity for evaluating competitors pricing positioning
· Evaluate scenarios of channels discounts, agent fees and other commercial discounts
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field required
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through some years of experience
· Experience working in a manufacturing environment is highly desired; Food industry knowledge is a plus
· Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
· Enthusiastic team member able to be flexible and adaptable to changing business and organizational demands and priorities.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interface with various levels of staff and management within company
· Ability to manage multiple projects with efficiency and effectiveness, and complete projects with a high level of accuracy
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (lookup tables, pivot tables, what if analysis, etc.)
· Fluent English and solid knowledge of SAP
Barry Callebaut is the world’s leading manufacturer of high-quality chocolate and cocoa products. Barry Callebaut represents more than 10,000 employees operating out of more than 30 countries and annual sales of about US$6.8 billion. We are the global leader in chocolate and cocoa innovations and provide a comprehensive range of services in the fields of product development, processing, training and marketing. The company’s headquarters in Brazil are located in São Paulo and we operate 2 Cocoa plants in Bahia and 1 Chocolate plant in Minas Gerais State.