This position exists to perform research, design and software development assignments within a software functional area. Provides meaningful input to project plans, schedules and approach in the development of cross-functional software products. Software Engineer needed to develop both internal and external based applications using Java.
• Leads in design, code and test reviews where needed.
• Leads a mid-size or larger teams of technical staff to complete assigned projects balancing quality and schedule.
• Diagnoses complex system problems using dumps, traces or other diagnostic tools.
• Interfaces with internal customers; interprets requirements and provides recommendations on how to implement.
• Independently performs analysis to develop and implement high level designs for assigned projects.
• Develops process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate to advanced complexity systems. Develops moderate-to advanced modules and system components and develops simple to moderately complex re-usable code.
• Acts as point of escalation to resolve new/complex issues and provides input about team members' performance and technical abilities. Mentors and coaches team members.
• Remains current on industry standards and advances within area of knowledge.
• Identifies and recommends opportunities for continuous improvements and efficiencies.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience
• Highly experienced in Java, well versed in advanced Object Oriented Development concepts including design patterns.
• Solid experience in Spring or equivalent Java programming framework.
• Solid experience with writing Web Services
• Solid experience with Relational Database Systems (MySQL, Sybase)
• Solid experience with Unix / Linux Operating System Ability to work independently and collaborate with cross functional groups as required.
• Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills with both technical and non-technical audiences including management and cross functional groups.
• Ability to lead small to mid-size technical teams including strong organizational skills, attention to detail, management of multiple assignments at the same time. Must be self-directed and provides up to date information on progress and issues.
• Ability to conduct in-depth research and work through complex problems successfully and reach workable solutions.
• Knowledge of large complex systems within the functional area.
• Ability to work in ambiguous situations; take a high level assignment and work the detail to produce a successful solution.
• Ability to effectively mentor and train less experienced personnel.
• Ability to deliver quality software deliverables.
• Experience with Data transformation, XML, WSDL and SOAP
• Understanding of professional software development processes - Including familiarity with the cycles of requirements definition, issue tracking, version control, automated testing, deployment and maintenance.
• Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
Fluent in Portuguese and English
Local de trabalho: Alphaville