Experience and Education
• Systems Engineering experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
• Demonstrate thorough understanding of major system components in completing assigned tasks (i.e., storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure).
• Diagnose problems with application programs, common system, or systematic questioning techniques.
• Configure controls; install or troubleshoot programs within multiple system environments.
• Construct Job Control Language (JCL) or scripts for processing of workloads by system.
• Provide prompt recovery and problem escalation for the exceptions, extrapolating and integrating information within defined boundaries, using multiple system management and problem management tools.
• Partner closely with development groups, support groups, and vendors to coordinate special operations, and communicate/escalate problems as appropriate to meet assigned deadlines.
• Assist in daily support of the systems/products assigned, through early detection and pursuit or changes in system responses or operation.
• Work closely with support groups to refine system monitoring and reporting, and to assist them in their analysis and problem recovery.
• Apply problem-solving skills in multiple operating environments to support assignments involving the execution of a series of related tasks.
• Demonstrate knowledge of system components in completing assigned tasks (i.e., storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure).
• Diagnose system performance problems.
• Perform online system functions to assist with tasks encountered in execution of daily responsibilities such as utility functions and editing of files.
• Develop lists/scripts for execution of commonly used processes and automation of simple tasks.
• Proper implementation of team changes and service requests.
• Proper creation, execution, documentation, and closure of tasks, changes, and requests.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Change management.
• Understanding of storage systems, Linux kernel, UNIX kernel, UNIX file system, and Windows infrastructure.
• Program installation and troubleshooting.
• Knowledge of virtual server environments and thin client.
• Knowledge of scripts for automation.
• Understanding of system and problem management tools.
• Problem solving.
• Good oral and written communication skills. Portuguese and English
Local de trabalho: Alphaville