The Offshore Structural Engineer is reporting to the Project Manager and is responsible for the development of structural engineering studies and design.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform layout, structural configuration development, analysis, and design of structural items of major size and and complexity (such as decks, skids, modules, and jackets).
- Perform tasks necessary to ensure complete designs (such as varying geotechnical and metocean data; preparing project specifications; coordinating with verification agencies to get design certified; resolving construction and installation issues)
- Conducts engineering cost, feasibility, and planning studies analyzing customer needs and data including researching, investigation, and coordination with other engineers and providing recommendations to the client.
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Check Engineering calculations as well as check all drawings in accordance with industry codes and standards; Assign tasks to and supervise the work of less senior personnel
- Coordinate with Structural Department to assure quality of work and ensures that consistent technical content is maintained for drawing and design packages throughout the project.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Candidate should worked in the Oil & Gas Industry, with experience in Floating Production Unit (FPU) design from conceptual to detail design;
- Knowledge of Engineering Codes and Standard applicable to the discipline;
- Rio de Janeiro (Centro);