The world´s most frequently cited economist, Professor Michael Porter from Harvard Business School, wrote about TechnoServe:
“Fortunately, a new type of NGO has emerged that understands the importance of productivity and value creation. Such organizations have often had a remarkable impact. One example is TechnoServe, which has partnered with both regional and global corporations to promote the development of competitive agricultural clusters in more than 30 countries.”
TechnoServe, Inc. (www.technoserve.org) is an international non-profit development organization founded in 1968. TechnoServe’s mission is to work with enterprising people to build competitive farms, businesses and industries throughout the developing world. In 2013 we helped 2.2 million people, including 420,000 farmers, to break the poverty cycle. We believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives and work with diverse partners to this end.
TechnoServe has operated in Brazil since 2009 in enterprise and rural development, in partnership with leading local and global institutions (see Figure below summary). Currently TechnoServe Brazil operates three programs, two programs with the global mining company Anglo American and a third program funded by the Walmart Foundation to build farmer capacity, and employing technology to reduce training delivery cost. You will join a dynamic, multidisciplinary team with experience in leading organizations including McKinsey & Company, Bain & Company, SEBRAE, The European Union, InBev and Nestle.
Program Manager (Minas Gerais)
- Código da vaga:
- Nível hierárquico:
Minas Gerais / BR
- Quantidade de vagas:
- Data de expiração:
22 de Outubro de 2016
1. Perform market systems analysis of priority sectors to guide capacity building work with local rural and urban enterprises;
2. Build and maintain a functioning structure for monitoring, evaluation and learning (ME&L) to be shared among all the countries participating in the Program (Peru, Chile and Brazil) with internal and external stakeholders;
3. Provide strategic support to the field operation in terms of Program performance and impact;
4. Coordinate overall project implementation, including activities in priority sectors and team management.
• Previous experience working with a leading global or national business consulting firm or corporation, demonstrating top performance relative to peer group;
• University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Economic Development, Engineering or related fields;
• Experience in nonprofit sector, with rural development experience preferred;
• Experience with analytical and statistical methodologies and tools;
• Prior experience leading diverse teams of skilled professionals;
• Project monitoring, evaluation and learning experience;
• Proficiency with MS Office, especially Excel;
• Ability to work with limited supervision;
• Extensive experience in client-facing roles;
• Full working rights in Brazil independent of this position;
• Business fluency in Portuguese and English;
• Availability for domestic travel inside Brazil up to 50%;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Intense learning opportunity with great challenges and responsibilities;
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial environment;
• Involvement in decision-making;
• Salary and benefits package compatible with the market.