Primary Purpose of the Job:
We are seeking for an individual for this role who can take complex operational problems and design practical and efficient automation solutions, transforming the work practices with a focus on increased safety and productivity.
The candidate should have digital and automation technical capabilities, with good communication skills and an ability to work cross-functionally, across operational functions and with all levels of the organization. In addition, this person will need to have a robust track record for delivering creative results around complex and far-reaching digital and automation topics in a manufacturing setting. This person should be a visionary, high-energy, intellectually curious individual who can excel in a high demand environment with conflicting priorities.
Major activities/Key challenges:
- Execute projects identified by the Digital Transformation lead team;
- Engage with all workforce levels to identify automation / robotics opportunities to increase safety and increase productivity throughout Operations;
- Collaborate with external third-party vendors and internal resources to design and implement proof of concepts to validate the benefits of the identified solutions;
- Support Operations through FEL process to progress the business case and acquire full funding for solution build;
- Accelerate the development of digital and automation initiatives prioritized by Operations and the Digital
- Transformation group to create value;
Facilitate collaboration between Operations, the Continuous
- Improvement team and the relevant customer group to ensure efficient, cost-effective solutions are delivered in a timely manner;
- Ensure digital and automation initiatives have clear business cases with defined metrics to evaluate success and drive continuous, measurable improvement;
- Collaborate and network externally to generate innovation opportunities associated to existing and upcoming business priorities, including development of partnerships with industry leaders;
- Identification / development of regionally led initiatives as well as deployment of global programs (data science, Connected Worker Program - Alcoa).
Essential Knowledge & Skills/Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering or Automation;
- Mandatory: Advanced English and Portuguese Level (Listening, writing and speaking);
- Experience/Knowledge: Office Package, Power BI, MES Applications, SCADA, Automation project (PLC, IOT, Industry 4.0 and LoRa);
- Experience/Knowledge in change management and agile project management (SCRUM and JIRA Project Management);
- Ability to understand shop floor technical challenges and formulate an end to end digital and automation solution furthering Alcoa in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Customer and solution oriented with an ability to work in cross functional and virtual teams;
- Experience in multinational companies, having preferably already managed the complexity associated with driving digital and automation transformation from developing a strategy to launching innovative ideas with deployment milestones;
- Analytically minded and curious.
O Consórcio de Alumínio do Maranhão - ALUMAR é um dos maiores complexos de produção de alumina do mundo. Inaugurado em Julho de 1984, é formado pelas empresas Alcoa, South 32 e RioTinto, e desempenha um papel importante no Maranhão.
A Alumar estrutura o seu modelo de negócios apoiada no conceito de sustentabilidade, incorporando em seu dia a dia critérios que asseguram o sucesso econômico, preservação ambiental e a responsabilidade social. Um dos pilares desse modelo é o Sistema de Gestão da Alcoa (ABS) que busca a melhoria contínua na qualidade do sistema produtivo: diminuindo custos, reduzindo tempo de produção e melhorando as condições de saúde, segurança e meio ambiente no local de trabalho.
Somos uma empresa que acredita que a diversidade enriquece nosso negócio e valorizamos a pluralidade de comportamentos e experiências. A Alcoa conta com as redes AWN (Alcoa’s Women Network – Rede de Mulheres Alcoa) e Eagle (Employees at Alcoa Gay and Lesbian Equality), a fim de promover diversidade e inclusão em um ambiente dinâmico e acolhedor, em busca de atingir o completo potencial humano e profissional.
Agir com Integridade
Operar com Excelência
Cuidar das Pessoas