The position will be based in Rio de Janeiro and will have a direct reporting line to the Brazil Treasurer.
- Management of surplus liquidity in the balance sheets, by deploying liquidity in suitable short term money market instruments including interbank placements, repo/reverse repo, purchase/ sale of public bonds, central bank placements;
- Monitoring and execution of trades within the securities portfolio, where required;
- Testing of sources of liquidity identified in legal entity contingency funding plans and maintaining diverse liquidity sources and access to local markets;
- Managing market and liquidity risk;
- Ensuring strong controls and processes in place, e.g. adhering to trader mandates and desk procedures;
- Business Continuity Planning for Treasury Execution activities;
- Ability to perform execution of funding and liquidity management transactions on a daily basis.
- Prior experience effectively managing Treasury front office execution;
- Understanding of the money market and its products;
- Risk management skills and understanding of the banking regulatory environment;
- Robust written and communication skills;
- Sound judgement and decision making skills;
Background in yield calculations, portfolio duration, VaR concept, IR sensitive analysis and collateral analysis;
- Fluency in English and Portuguese;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required.
Rio de Janeiro
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities
Our ambition is to build the best global team – one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve – and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums.
BNY Mellon is a global investments company dedicated to helping its clients manage and service their financial assets throughout the investment lifecycle. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, BNY Mellon delivers informed investment management and investment services in 35 countries. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments.