Mission – Account Executive
The Account Executive’s (AE) primary duty is the management of EBSCO's customers. The AE is directly responsible securing the renewal of all existing subscriptions as well as selling upgrades and additional products. The Account Executive is also responsible for identifying opportunities and generating new sales of EBSCO products in the assigned territory in Brazil. The position will be based in Rio de Janeiro – Brazil.
• Perform an average of 12 phone calls per day with the purpose of generating new sales of EBSCO products or renewing existing customers
• Perform a minimum of 3 phone calls per day to new prospects (cold calls).
• Record daily performed activities (phone calls, tasks, emails, trial creation, closed sales) in CRM, the minimum number of expected non-phone tasks per day is 10.
• Coordinate with the Regional Sales Manager on a daily basis.
• Actively consult with our library partners to ensure their patron needs are being met through the acquisition of online reference databases. Work with customers on a very individualized basis, using own judgment and discretion to decide best course of action for every situation.
• Participate in the creation of new or modify existing legal offers and contracts with customers
• Participate in the pricing and planning of official offers: an understanding of the pricing system and the ability to customize it on a per case basis is essential.
• Participate in the training of customers on EBSCOhost and EBSCOadmin through online demos
• All functions designed and/or required to achieve sales quota(s) including preparing quotes, forwarding literature, administrative data entry and set and follow up on trials
• Respond to ALL leads forwarded from the marketing department, within (5) business days.
• Enter orders and act as a liaison for billing, accounts payable between OE, ESS and customer.
• Update customer information in CRM including but not limited to subscription information, quotes sent, LSD quotes as sent by publishers, contact information, account designations and any other relevant information.
• Troubleshoot customer issues, respond to technical questions from customers or forward appropriate questions, problems, issues to Technical Support.
• Handle all the aspects of new account set up and maintenance: create new user ids and passwords, create new profiles and user groups, add branding to accounts, IP authenticate accounts, customize trials create URLs and set up statistical reports
• Responsible for the adjustment of subscriptions, either to extend or stop service of the product for various reasons: must create plan for each case and establish reasons for actions taken
• Coordinate with EBSCO Information Services Regional Offices and Regional Sales Managers.
• Achieve an expert level of EBSCO product knowledge and a working knowledge of the competition.
• Complete all assignments requested by Sales Management.
• Bachelor degree preferred in a business field, communications or education or substantial relevant work experience in field.
• Experience writing proposals, contracts, formal documents in English.
• Able to speak, read and write fluently in English is required.
• Solid working experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook).
• Relevant experience selling in the field or by telephone preferred.
• Retail experience does not apply.
- Assistência médica
- Assistência odontológica
- Ginástica laboral
- Programa de treinamentos
EBSCO Information Services is the leading provider of information resources for institutions including discovery, journal and e-package services, research databases, e-books, digital archives, healthcare resources, corporate resources, readers’ advisory and more. EBSCO serves the research needs of academic institutions, schools and public libraries plus hospitals and medical institutions, corporations and government agencies. We are a stable, growing company and currently hiring across several business units.