Responsible for managing Mechanical Engineering and maintenance best practice for Alcoa’s Alumina BU Atlantic region (Pocos De Caldas, Alumar and San Ciprian) operations, ensuring that equipment reliability and availability is maximised in a planned, safe and cost-effective manner to enable maximum alumina production to these Refineries.
Accountability for facilitating and promoting reliability best practice transfer among Alcoa refinery a global basis for the mechanical discipline and managing/maintaining the information transfer environment across several disciplines;
· Isolate, diagnose, analyse, rectify and improve equipment/process related problems for designated equipment and or process;
· Enhances equipment asset integrity by providing specialist input into preventative maintenance strategies, failure analysis, problem solving, planning and execution;
Proactively shares and exchanges best practice information relating to equipment/process performance with peers across the Alumina Business Unit (BU);
Proactively shares and exchanges best practice information relating to strategic equipment management and optimisation issues on a global basis;
· Represent Refinery BU Engineering team in ensuring appropriate maintenance cost control within Atlantic region Refinery Powerhouses by participating in the development of and reviewing annual maintenance budget’s and expenditure reviews in accordance with the approved annual operating and maintenance plan;
· Develop effective & visual tools for undertaking and tracking auditing and coaching within locations to ensure services being delivered are effective, meet standards and have a high-quality assurance aspect;
· Improve BU’s year on year R&M performance by providing leadership across the Alumina business as the custodian of our Reliability Excellence program focussed on Reliability Management, Work Management & Materials Management aspects;
· Provide subject matter expertise on all aspects of the Reliability Management, Work Management or Materials management, plus effective translation of all aspect equipment management strategies for setting up in eAM. Form productive and collaborative working relationships between BU Engineering teams and location key stakeholders.
Monitors the condition of the process, plant and equipment (directly and indirectly) on a continual basis by appropriate condition and performance monitoring resources;
Contributes to the effective management of each location’s inventory of spare parts, equipment and materials holdings to ensure the optimum balance between stock holdings and equipment performance/downtime by working with location personnel to establish critical inventories, through competent utilisation of the Stores/Procurement system and Maintenance Management systems;
Participates within the planning and execution of planned maintenance and shut-down activities by providing direction, support and guidance to others, including contractors, engaged on the work being carried out.
Provide governance over duties associated with the mechanical maintenance management of all equipment for regional Operations;
Providing a Maintenance and Reliability BU Engineering Regional Point of Contact for all aspects of Asset Integrity, Asset Health, Major Hazzard, Maintenance, Engineering and Reliability;
· Working with Refinery BU Engineering teams to develop solutions to process, plant and equipment problems, making recommendations and implementing design modifications;
Working with Refinery BU Engineering teams to manage the inventory of spare parts, equipment and materials associated with area/process accountability, to ensure the optimum balance between stock holdings and equipment performance/downtime.
- Completed tertiary qualification in Mechanical Engineering;
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity, judgement and well-developed problem-solving skills combined with a comprehensive knowledge of equipment/process and budget & cost control mechanisms;
- Solid Experience in Powerhouse AND/OR Alumina Refinery equipment, such as: Pumps, Mills, Reclaimers, Ship unloaders, Valves, Tanks, Calciners, Structural Engineering, Heat Exchanger, etc.
- Advanced English level is mandatory.
O Consórcio de Alumínio do Maranhão - ALUMAR é um dos maiores complexos de produção de alumina do mundo. Inaugurado em Julho de 1984, é formado pelas empresas Alcoa, South 32 e RioTinto, e desempenha um papel importante no Maranhão.
A Alumar estrutura o seu modelo de negócios apoiada no conceito de sustentabilidade, incorporando em seu dia a dia critérios que asseguram o sucesso econômico, preservação ambiental e a responsabilidade social. Um dos pilares desse modelo é o Sistema de Gestão da Alcoa (ABS) que busca a melhoria contínua na qualidade do sistema produtivo: diminuindo custos, reduzindo tempo de produção e melhorando as condições de saúde, segurança e meio ambiente no local de trabalho.
Somos uma empresa que acredita que a diversidade enriquece nosso negócio e valorizamos a pluralidade de comportamentos e experiências. A Alcoa conta com as redes AWN (Alcoa’s Women Network – Rede de Mulheres Alcoa) e Eagle (Employees at Alcoa Gay and Lesbian Equality), a fim de promover diversidade e inclusão em um ambiente dinâmico e acolhedor, em busca de atingir o completo potencial humano e profissional.
Agir com Integridade
Operar com Excelência
Cuidar das Pessoas