The primary purpose of the Senior Procurement Specialist - Capital is to act as the single point of accountability for assigned program critical contracts and development and implementation of assigned program and portfolio category strategies.
The role drives competitive advantage by aligning project procurement requirements with portfolio and program direction. The incumbent needs to work closely with project engineering SPA's at the project level, the portfolio level and the program level.
The Senior Procurement Specialist - Capital works with customers and suppliers, across multiple sites, to drive capital intensity reduction, ensure assigned procurement package and category sourcing initiative schedules are met and assigned contract compliance and deliverables are achieved.
- Manages the performance of allocated critical packages across the program to deliver effective strategies to ensure the efficient achievement of project goals from scoping and evaluation to implementation in a timely fashion;
- Ensuring the implementation of critical/complex contracts, performance management and supplier relationship management at program level and monitoring progress, providing status reports and addressing/escalating any issues;
- Lead Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP) and negotiations of contracts on critical/complex packages to meet project schedule, quality and cost goals.
Resolve commercial issues associated with supplier performance issues, cost recovery for quality problems, rework. And ensures resolution of commercial and contractual issues on assigned critical and complex contracts;
- Develop, lead and implement critical and complex packages to meet project needs and deliver cost savings, working capital improvement and process optimization.
Identify and execute opportunities on critical and complex packages for cost reduction and supplier performance improvement, including alternating suppliers and products, renegotiating contracts to account for market changes, and working in conjunction with appropriate functional areas as needed;
- Ensuring compliance to Alcoa’s quality, safety and health, legal, ASAT/SOX, local community focus and all other applicable standards and policies.
Provides guidance and leadership to Projects to ensure strategies developed for sourcing packages and commodities within projects align with the overall regional strategies;
- Performs a 'gatekeeper' function to channel requisitions and requirements to the most appropriate procurement area/process (eg. Procurement team, AMC, blanket contracts, commodity teams or one-off purchase order) to eliminate contract leakage and ensure process optimization;
- Identify and execute opportunities for procurement cost reduction and supplier performance improvement, including alternating suppliers and products, renegotiating contracts to account for market changes, and working in conjunction with appropriate functional areas as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Strategic Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Purchasing, Business or related;
- Skills and expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, data mining, analytical and query tools;
- An expert working knowledge of Procurement and business processes, out of box thinking and initiative, ability to work unsupervised and strong communication skills;
- Demonstrated leadership and communication/influencing capability and skills
- Capital project delivery knowledge and experience;
Understanding of Project Delivery and Management processes are vital to the provision of services to the Capital Delivery Group;
- English is mandatory.
O Consórcio de Alumínio do Maranhão - ALUMAR é um dos maiores complexos de produção de alumina do mundo. Inaugurado em Julho de 1984, é formado pelas empresas Alcoa, South 32 e RioTinto, e desempenha um papel importante no Maranhão.
A Alumar estrutura o seu modelo de negócios apoiada no conceito de sustentabilidade, incorporando em seu dia a dia critérios que asseguram o sucesso econômico, preservação ambiental e a responsabilidade social. Um dos pilares desse modelo é o Sistema de Gestão da Alcoa (ABS) que busca a melhoria contínua na qualidade do sistema produtivo: diminuindo custos, reduzindo tempo de produção e melhorando as condições de saúde, segurança e meio ambiente no local de trabalho.
Somos uma empresa que acredita que a diversidade enriquece nosso negócio e valorizamos a pluralidade de comportamentos e experiências. A Alcoa conta com as redes AWN (Alcoa’s Women Network – Rede de Mulheres Alcoa) e Eagle (Employees at Alcoa Gay and Lesbian Equality - ), a fim de promover diversidade e inclusão em um ambiente dinâmico e acolhedor, em busca de atingir o completo potencial humano e profissional.
Agir com Integridade
Operar com Excelência
Cuidar das Pessoas