- Responsible for Indirect Sourcing/Procurement processes. This role will solve complex problems, execute objectives, and support short-term/long-term business goals. A key element is to ensure business strategies are followed for fulfillment, quality, and cost to ensure customer orders are delivered on time; are of high quality; and provide cost savings to the business.
Essential Responsibilities :
- Identify opportunities for cost savings with suppliers.
- Make award decision based on qualification and competitive price/cycle identification.
- Generate cost avoidance by re-negotiation of top offenders based on commodity strategy.
- Responsible to create P.O (Purchasing orders and follow up with supplier when it is necessary).
- Responsible for assigned commodities to meet the requirements of the business
- Concisely communicate status of critical quote and order lines to management in a timely manner.
- Measure and analyze supplier performance and drive resolution on performance issues by understanding supplier capacities & capabilities.
- Elaborate management reports
- Drive Lean process improvements to mitigate and reduce fulfillment risk caused by both internal and external issues.
- Being responsible for lead times, keeping supplier market shares and using agreed prices.
- Negotiate price change requests from vendors.
- Negotiate and resolve negative Purchase Price Variance;
- Work with the Global Commodity Leader and indirect local terms to improve Accounts Payable term with Suppliers.
- Resolve Accounts Payable, invoice hold issues.
- Driving key sourcing initiatives through continuous improvement projects.
- Manage claims initiated by customer/warehouse.
- Drive e-tool penetration with suppliers (RFQ, OTM, SCx).
- Active participation on mandatory EHS trainings and events.
- Achieve lowest possible cost for material, balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs
- Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques, using available expertise from supporting organizations; implement purchase contracts following applicable company and government regulations.
- Initiates necessary actions to assure best value is received, customer delivery requirements are met, and address any manufacturing problems at supplier facility
- Evaluate current and anticipated requirements, determine potential sources, stimulate competition and perform continual market analysis in monitoring supplier progress
- Maintain “timely” control of orders, amendments, shipping notices, and other required documents to assure orderly administration and retention of records;
- Fluent oral and written English communication skills
- Self-Starter - able to excel in fast paced business environment
- Very strong customer service and results oriented mindset
- Demonstrated technical aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Ability to organize, assess, prioritize tasks, risks, resources, milestones and deliverables
- Experience in a Sourcing position, including negotiation involvement
- Sourcing/purchasing experience
- Highly motivated and detailed oriented
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning systems (Oracle, SAP)
- Six Sigma GB trained and certified (GE employees only)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Knowledge of the sourcing field
A GE faz. Presente no Brasil há 94 anos, a GE fornece produtos, serviços e soluções inovadoras para ajudar o País a vencer seus desafios de infraestrutura e melhorar a vida das pessoas. Nós cuidamos da saúde, desenvolvemos a energia, construímos e movemos o Brasil. Acreditamos que, se dá para imaginar, dá para fazer.
Acesse o site da GE Brasil para conhecer melhor a empresa. Obtenha as últimas notícias através do GE Reports Brasil e Youtube. Você também pode se unir ao nosso grupo no LinkedIn, curtir nossa página do Facebook e nos seguir no Twitter