PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Reporting to the Accounting team Leader, the Accounting Analyst is responsible for maintaining a high standard accounting functions, decision support and maintaining internal control environment to ensure compliance with local statutory requirements, USGAAP, IFRS, SOX, corporate policies and procedures. Supports the internal and external audit processes, month-end closing activities, financial packages submission and special projects required by local or corporate management.
- Provides relevant technical and operational accounting guidance to mitigate risk;
- Leads continuous process improvement to drive efficiency and eliminate waste;
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy and timely reporting of accounting statements where all transactions comply with local statutory, IFRS and US GAAP requirements;
- Prepare and update accounting provision schedules;
- Post Journal entries and perform general accounting reconciliations;
Pre-analysis of the Balance Sheet and coordinating the review with finance local management;
- All other correlated activities.
- Requires strong technical local and US GAAP accounting knowledge, strong leadership skills, project management and internal controls experience;
- Experience working for Big Four auditors companies is highly desired; a CRC is required;
- Must be fluent in Portuguese and medium proficiency in English, both verbally and written.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CRC is required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Creates a culture of strong internal controls environment, ensuring all company policies are being followed;
- Efficiently manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure with attention to detail;
- Strong analytical/financial/accounting skills and the ability to understand complex financial concepts;
- Flexibility: able to work with tight deadlines as well as reacting pro-actively and quickly to business demands.
- Direct and Indirect tax high level knowledge;
- SAP user.