Material Execution candidate profile,
The production buyer is responsible for planning and managing supplier base schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity as well as managing inventory levels.
- Ensure raw material in time without exceeding agreed total cost and inventory levels.
- Acts on order releases action and exception messages from the company system.
- Plans and manages goods delivery schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company’s productive capacity.
- Analyzes sales/production order releases with respect to material requirements.
- Create and maintain requisitions, purchase orders, acknowledgements and resolve invoice issues.
- Manages inventory levels, schedules and availability of purchased, to meet production schedules.
- Completes shipping information and delivery date input during sale order reviews.
- Answer termination or cancellation requests from sales.
- Receives and reviews sales orders against current requirements and work in process using the material requirement report.
- Releases purchase orders for production material.
- Interface with vendors with respect to availability of materials, delivery time and supplier visits.
- Proactively plan future raw material requirements taking into account upcoming product mix changes
- Continuously work to improve delivery, quality and service of suppliers.
- Provide forecasts to suppliers as required based on Sales and Production Plans.
- Prepare metrics reports, with a focused effort on continuous improvement
- Develop and implement processes to minimize excess and obsolete inventory.
Required Education and Experience;
- Degree in Administration, Engineering.