About the Role
As Senior Internal Auditor you are primarily responsible for executing local internal audit assignments. This involves the development of all aspects of the internal audit process including risk assessment, audit planning and execution, communication of audit findings and internal control recommendations and tracking of audit issues. You manage the day-to-day activities of the local audit team and build the relationship with all stakeholders.
- You work with the Divisional and Global Audit Manager to identify and evaluate the organization's risk areas and provides key input to the development of the annual audit plan;
- You identify risks, problem areas and opportunities by means of executing internal audits. You make recommendations and draw up action plans to improve the quality of the internal control system and the effectiveness and efficiency of the business;
- You apprise the Divisional Audit Manager of critical issues and potential findings as they arise during audits;
You manage the day-to-day progress of audit work including facilitating opening, closing, and post-closing meetings with local management;
- You monitor the implementation of the action plans to ensure that recommendations are timely implemented;
- You identify, develop and promote best practices for internal audits in order to expand operational efficiency;
- Your tasks include actively taking part in the development of various internal control and risk related projects;
- You provide accounting and internal control guidance to business management;
- You develop and maintain relationships with other corporate functions and business operations.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- You have a bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related business discipline and work experience in internal or external audit. Professional certification or MBA is an asset;
- You can express yourself fluently in Portuguese and English. Other languages like Spanish are an asset;
- You have the ability to proceed independently in most areas of responsibility;
- You have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of SAP is a strong asset;
- You have knowledge of internal control frameworks such as COSO and CoBIT;
- You have a critical mind-set and strong analytical skills;
- You are a profound team player with excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- You have the ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with auditees and other stakeholders;
- You are willing to travel up to 35%.