About the Role
As Senior Internal Auditor you are primarily responsible for executing local internal audit assignments. This involves the development of all aspects of the internal audit process including risk assessment, audit planning and execution, communication of audit findings and internal control recommendations and tracking of audit issues. You manage the day-to-day activities of the local audit team and build the relationship with all stakeholders.
- You work with the Divisional and Global Audit Manager to identify and evaluate the organization's risk areas and provides key input to the development of the annual audit plan;
- You identify risks, problem areas and opportunities by means of executing internal audits. You make recommendations and draw up action plans to improve the quality of the internal control system and the effectiveness and efficiency of the business;
- You apprise the Divisional Audit Manager of critical issues and potential findings as they arise during audits;
You manage the day-to-day progress of audit work including facilitating opening, closing, and post-closing meetings with local management;
- You monitor the implementation of the action plans to ensure that recommendations are timely implemented;
- You identify, develop and promote best practices for internal audits in order to expand operational efficiency;
- Your tasks include actively taking part in the development of various internal control and risk related projects;
- You provide accounting and internal control guidance to business management;
- You develop and maintain relationships with other corporate functions and business operations.
The requested qualifications for this job include:
- You have a bachelor degree (or equivalent) in Economics, Accounting, Finance, Management Information Systems or related business discipline and work experience in internal or external audit. Professional certification or MBA is an asset;
- You can express yourself fluently in Portuguese and English. Other languages like Spanish are an asset;
- You have the ability to proceed independently in most areas of responsibility;
- You have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs. Knowledge of SAP is a strong asset;
- You have knowledge of internal control frameworks such as COSO and CoBIT;
- You have a critical mind-set and strong analytical skills;
- You are a profound team player with excellent communication and negotiation skills;
- You have the ability to maintain satisfactory relationships with auditees and other stakeholders;
- You are willing to travel up to 35%.
Ontex is a leading international producer of personal hygiene solutions for babies, women and adults. We distribute in more than 110 countries through leading retailer private labels, as well as under our own brands. The group employs over 11,000 employees, spread around the world. Ontex is listed on Euronext Brussels and is part of the BEL20® index and STOXX® Europe 600.
In March 2017, Ontex Group was proud to announce the acquisition of the Brazilian personal hygiene business of Hypermarcas, now known as Ontex Brazil. Ontex Brazil is part of the Americas Retail Division of Ontex, a Division that was born following our acquisition of Mexican-based Grupo Mabe (February 2016). With the addition of the newest member of the Ontex community, the Ontex brand portfolio now also consists of brands such as PomPom, Cremer and Sapeka (baby care) and AdultMax and Bigfral (adult care).
We are a fast growing company where people are the most valuable asset. To support our continuous growth and reinforce our Internal Audit Department we are looking for a Senior Internal Auditor predominantly based in São Paulo.