Job description: People in this position create clear, concise documentation to support internal and external users in the use of system and processes. They work with subject matter experts to gather information and to get drafts reviewed. Following corporate, legal, and team guidelines, they publish documentation in a variety of formats through appropriate channels.
• Produce clear, comprehensive, concise, accurate, and easy-to-use electronic help files, printed and online manuals, knowledge base articles, system-to-system technical reference materials, compliance documents, internal operating procedures, technical white papers, or other information in standard English to aid non-technical and technical users in understanding how to use systems and processes.
• Gather requirements from a variety of source material and subject matter experts through interviews, research, and analysis about software and user needs for producing necessary documentation.
• Assist in designing, creating, testing, and maintaining print and online documentation; tasks may include creating graphics, taking screenshots, and preparing source files for publication.
• Provide input to manager, product manager, development manager, and others to plan software documentation release schedules.
• Ensure projects are completed on time according to the delivery schedule, meet quality standards, and are within budget, escalating issues that arise when necessary.
• Perform copy edits of own work and other writers work.
• Report inconsistencies or issues found when working on software products to the appropriate area of responsibility.
• Collaborate with diverse groups including: Product Management, Market Planning, Engineering, Technical Support, Marketing, and Sales to facilitate learning about and addressing customer needs and technical issues related to our product lines.
• Follow corporate and legal guidelines and departmental procedures and best practices to produce consistent deliverables.
• Manage internal and external accesses to confidential and proprietary publications.
• All other duties as assigned.
• Required: Bachelor’s Degree in English, technical writing, or related field combined with technical experience or training; or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field combined with writing or communications experience
• Proven previous relevant experience
• Technical writing and editing competencies, knowledge, and skills
• Understanding of desktop publishing and help authoring systems and software relevant to area as well as relationships between the systems
• Ability to complete publications adhering to corporate and departmental standards
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Understanding of the principles of structuring information and the documentation and software development processes.
• Ability to learn new software packages quickly, including basic troubleshooting.
• Ability to manage workflow and manage multiple concurrent projects with tight deadlines.
• Analytical thinking, Organizational awareness, Audience and content analysis, Conceptual thinking, Decision making (problem solving) and
• Interviewing and research skills
• Preferred: Understanding of our products and customers business requirements
• Fluent in English and Portuguese
Work location: Alphaville