Local de Trabalho: Avenida Paulista
Are you an analytical thinker who loves the challenges of "Big Data"? You will get the opportunity to work on a team that is critical to the future success of the Risk Solutions business. There are a variety of ongoing projects, but primary focus is on developing and supporting the products running in our Batch and real-time environments. Additionally, you will be trained in KEL*** and ECL** to create and enhance the queries that link customer provided data to the Lexis data we have stored in our HPCC environment (https://hpccsystems.com).
Skills you will need:
Experience with at least one high-level programming language, SQL and XML, UNIX Shell scripting and Python.
Understanding of relational database system design (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata)
Skills nice to have:
Familiarity with ETL tools such as Pentaho Kettle (PDI CE)
Knowledge of SAS/WPS and R
This is an opportunity to learn ECL** our open source software language that maximizes the rapid utilization of our massive databases. You will be trained to use ECL (Enterprise Control Language) -ECL is a programming language designed and used with the HPCC system. It is specifically designed for data management and query processing. ECL code is written using the ECL IDE programming development tool. ECL is a transparent and implicitly parallel programming language which is both powerful and flexible. It is optimized for data-intensive operations, declarative, non-procedural and dataflow oriented. ECL uses intuitive syntax which is modular, reusable, extensible and highly productive. It combines data representation and algorithm implementation
*** KEL (Knowledge Engineering Language) is the next logical abstraction for ECL. It is developed for the user who wants control over the logical data model, the analytic logic and the mathematics.
Graph analytics oriented
ENTITY and ASSOCIATION form the logical unit of KEL where the ENTITYs form the nodes and the ASSOCIATIONs form the edges in a graph
KEL is compiled into optimized ECL
1 line of KEL maps to about 10 lines of ECL
**ECL (Enterprise Control Language) is the powerful programming language that is ideally suited for the manipulation of Big Data:
Transparent and implicitly parallel programming language
Non-procedural and dataflow oriented
Modular, reusable, extensible syntax
Combines data representation and algorithm implementation
Easily extend using C++ libraries
ECL is compiled into optimized C++
1. Full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of moderate complexity systems.
2. Writes and reviews portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of simple to moderate complexity.
3. Interfaces with technical and non- technical personnel and/or team members to finalize requirements.
4. Provides feedback on technical tasks of simple to moderate complexity.
5. Develops basic to intermediate designs.
6. Codes proficiently in the required language(s).
7. Successfully convert analytic programing code (Including but not limited to: SAS/WPS, R, Python) to language similar in structure to C++.
8. Contributes to design code and test reviews.
9. Performs unit testing based upon test plans generated and reports results and recommendations to his/her project leader.
10. Develops and executes performance, integration and test plans.
11. Perform support functions in validation cycle as required (i.e., test monitoring, debugging, problem resolutions, etc.).
12. Provides meaningful feedback for schedule development on specific code segment and delivers a quality code deliverable as scheduled.
13. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Statistics, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math or equivalent technical discipline or equivalent technical experience.
2. Experience with proficient knowledge and understanding of the full lifecycle development process including design, development, testing and implementation of simple to moderate complexity systems.
3. Ability to work independently and collaborate with technical and non-technical staff.
4. Strong written and verbal communication skills including effectively communicating technical concepts to technical and non- technical audiences in English and Portuguese.
5. Ability to provide detail information and summarize to various levels of staff including management.
6. Ability to effectively resolve issues/problems to reach a workable and successful solution.
7. Ability to learn, understand and develop large systems of simple-to-moderate complexity.
8. Ability to work in ambiguous situations.
9. Ability to deliver a quality code product as scheduled
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government assess, predict and manage risk. Combining cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced analytics, we provide products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy.
LexisNexis Risk Solutions is headquartered in Alpharetta, Georgia, and has more than 5,200 full-time employees and contractors in offices around the world.* LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of RELX Group, a world-leading provider of information solutions.
Since 1988, LexisNexis Risk Solutions has scaled through innovation and growth in core businesses, and expansion into attractive adjacent and international markets, completing more than a dozen acquisitions in the last two years.