Local de Trabalho: São Paulo ou Rio de Janeiro
Your new challenge!
Are you the experienced Customer Marketer who knows how to target customers in a challenging and creative way, do you understand and like to uncover new marketing channels and are you passionate about marketing? Then our vacancy can be your next challenge! This position is based in Brazil (Rio or São Paulo).
Within the Latin Sales team the Customer Marketer is responsible for creating and deploying customer specific marketing campaigns with the aim to drive the value perception of Elsevier in the territory. He/she will develop and execute a field marketing plan in close alignment with the Regional Marketing Director and the Regional Account Director. This plan includes a broad marketing mix for the territory including events, social media, email campaigns and public relation projects. You will develop a good understanding of customer value perceptions of Elsevier in the region. You understand and uncover new marketing channels or venues and work with the regional account teams to develop activities to successfully connect with our customers and the users of our solutions. You are responsible for managing the allocated budget.
Your customers are Researchers, Librarians and Key Opinion Leaders at Academic & Corporate Research institutes.
The ideal candidate should therefore possess enthusiasm for science and understand marketing for the researcher and academic audiences. Knowledge of scientific research, trends in higher education and technology platforms is important to the role.
The product portfolio
You are responsible for the marketing of the full range of Research Solutions, including the Core product portfolio (Science Direct, Scopus, Mendeley) as well as the Life Sciences, Engineering and Research Intelligence portfolios.
You will be joining Elsevier, the world’s leading provider of science and health information services to more than 30 million scientists, students, and health and academic professionals worldwide.
The Customer Marketer will be a member of the Latin America regional sales team and will work closely together with the other Customer Marketers in the broader Europe, Middle East & Latin America region, the global Marketing Communication team and Product Marketing teams. You will be reporting to the Regional Marketing Director based in Amsterdam
· Support short to medium term sales objectives in territory
· Align regional needs with central planning of campaigns/events
· Develop and execute on the field marketing plan, for Core as well as Solutions, in alignment with the Regional Account Director.
· Maintain rich & innovative channel mix: on-site events, on-line DM, Social Media and PR
· Monitor costs against budget for all marketing campaigns
· Maintain marketing standards in the region
· Work with the Account Manager, Solution Sales Managers and Customer Consultants to identify key customer advocates and leverage them in the field marketing plan.
· Track and maintain a good understanding of customer value perceptions (regional perception) of Elsevier
· Expand and strengthen customer network at key strategic customers
· Create and deploy customer-specific marketing campaigns to enhance visibility and value of Elsevier per specific account
· Network and liaise with local press agents to ensure corporate news is properly circulated to the media always aligned with the corporate programs
· Capture and share structured product and market feedback from customers
What you should bring
· University Degree preferred in Marketing
· Very strong communication skills both written and spoken in Portuguese, English and Spanish
· Good understanding of domain and customer segment
· Experienced in working in an international matrix organization
· Excellent networking skills and relationship management as well as communication skills
· Self-starter and creative hands on mentality
· A passion for marketing
· Works within the Customer Focus core value.
· Regularly communicates with customers to understand their needs and views.
· Develops method to understand view of the organization from an external perspective.
· Develops new ideas to improve process or product, and is able to prepare implementation plans.
· Integrates and builds on new ideas from others.
· Creates new opportunities by applying different perspectives and challenging the status quo.
· Is recognized as an innovative thinker.
· This job requires frequent travelling to diverse locations within the South Latin Region (20%).
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself. Elsevier’s benefits are very competitive.
Several local and global networking communities to share best practices and knowledge
Various social responsibility programs, channeling knowledge and strengths to help communities around the world improve education, science, and healthcare and protect the environment.
Numerous training, coaching and e-learning modules for long term job opportunities and development
An assessment or business case could be part of our selection procedure. Please be aware that we request references and a copy of your diploma in the offer stage.