Define the Software Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating and the management of software releases for Thomson Reuters TRTA Global Trade Management. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, operating system patches, security improvements, hardware upgrades, Projects and Programs. Where necessary the Release Manager will provide tools and services to help product management and project teams manage and deploy releases into production.
Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for the progression of code in the development, test, and production environments. The Software Release Manager Job function works collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and is supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments. This position also works with DevOPS management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
Responsible to manage outsourced development projects deliverables ensuring they are on track in terms of quality and productivity.
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles;
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality;
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations;
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates;
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes;
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations;
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews;
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans;
- Weekly Release Reporting;
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required;
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities;
- Work with development and test to understand impacts of branches and code merges;
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors;
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process;
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists;
- Manage outsourced development projects.
- Experience as a Release or Project Manager and in the above activities;
- Advanced/Fluent English.