Summary of Position:
The Security Engineer III will, Under general supervision, performs a wide variety of duties in support of technical or administrative assignments using established procedures. May assist in the preparation, presentation, and follow-up of proposals with supervision. May also participate in activities in support of multiple projects. Independently performs work as assigned by Management. Employee has limited autonomy for an assigned area or responsibility within a function.
Interacts daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers. Interaction normally involves exchanges or presentation of factual information.
The candidate will be part of the Information Security team responsible for Security platform engineering, Operation and audit for LexisNexis Risk Solutions Inc.
Areas of focus will be a combination of day-to-day security operations and strategic architecture of LexisNexis Risk Solutions data center and customer environment
- Understand the life cycle of information as it pertains to Security
- Intermediate knowledge of Security Audit Process
- Expert knowledge of Business Continuity plans/Disaster recovery
- Understand Risk assessment and risk treatment plans
Analysis of the organization’s threat landscape and ability to define holistic security solutions
- Security infrastructure management and architecture - the operation of a security management infrastructure which supports different types of Security products
- Intrusion prevention System
- Endpoint Security
- Vulnerability and Penetration testing
- Network Data Loss prevention
Public Key Infrastructure design
- Web Content Filter administration
- Security Information and Event Manager design and development
- Support the planning, design and implementation of these security solutions
- 3rd line support - gain experience of in-depth technical support of network and security technologies.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirement for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or IT Security. A Master’s Degree is highly desirable
- Industry certification such as Security+, CBCP, CISA, SCNP, CCNA Security, and /or CEH
- Solid understanding of security and network infrastructures - switches, routers and firewalls; TCP/IP networking theory
- Ability to recognize and escalate Security issues
- Good understanding of defensive, corrective and detective controls and requirements
- Familiarity with different types of security vulnerabilities and tools for countermeasure
- The candidate should be well versed in Information security principles at an Intermediate level
- Previous Analytic and troubleshooting experience is required
- The candidate must demonstrate an ability to work across departments
- Understanding and application of information security principles
- Computer literate esp. MS Excel, PowerPoint, and MS outlook
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to effectively work and actively communicate with people and cross functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical skills, with an eagerness to work hard and achieve exemplary results.
FLUENTE EM INGLÊS E PORTUQUÊS
LOCAL DE TRABALHO: ALPHAVILLE
LexisNexis Risk Solutions (www.lexisnexis.com/risk) is a leader in providing essential information that helps customers across all industries and government predict, assess and manage risk. Combining cutting-edge technology, unique data and advanced scoring analytics, we provide products and services that address evolving client needs in the risk sector while upholding the highest standards of security and privacy. LexisNexis Risk Solutions is part of Reed Elsevier, a leading publisher and information provider that serves customers in more than 100 countries with more than 30,000 employees worldwide.