Design and Build Database Environments:
Assist Management in developing Business Cases for new systems or extensive system modifications. Develop system estimates and schedules for new products and/or extensions to existing systems. Work with DB Architect to create database designs that meet the company's business goals. Satisfy the immediate and future requirements from Product Management in the most cost-effective manner. Perform and document the physical database design to comply with DBA standards and provide optimum performance for the application systems. Ensure the effective physical utilization of computing resources by the DBMS in the Development, Test, and Production environments on a day to day basis. Propose and implement best-in-class tools and practices to support project goals and future evolution of the company's databases. Share Knowledge with associates and enable users, peers, and management in the development of new systems or in performing extensive system modifications.
Technical Support for DBMS Environments:
Provide technical support and perform database administration for all development and production databases on multiple environments. Provide technical guidance to Management, Senior and Junior DBAs on escalated issues, as well as to Development and Production Support teams on troubleshooting database-related issues. Handle complex problems on own authority and make sound judgments based on diagnostic information. Plan, coordinate, and perform the installation, maintenance, system changes, and upgrades for the MySQL and other DBMS environments. Ensure continual success of database builds and production changes by controlling content and context through operational checks and balances. Work as individual contributor and as team player on day-to-day DBA tasks to add value to the team. Provide on-call Production support and participate in the On-Call roster.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive industry experience that include serving as a DBA in all facets of DBMS design, implementation, deployment, administration, and maintenance.
- Experience in analyzing and breaking down complex project deliveries into manageable components and coordinating project activities.
- Deep experience in database environment life cycle management. Including support of production and development environments. Must have experience with DEOPS tools [i.e., Ansible, Chef, etc]
- MySQL certification is preferred and must have expert level MySQL knowledge and experience with MySQL 5.x
- Must have extensive MySQL technical experience with High Availability solutions using replication, backup and recovery using MySQL dumps and Percona tools [i.e., Xtrabackup], performance tuning, production operations & support, and Security Administration.
- Experienced in database and disk system performance tuning.
- - Experience with Data Warehousing and ETL processing
- Experienced in working in Linux and Unix environments
- Must know shell programming, SQL, and be familiar with PERL.
- Experience with other technologies/databases such as Oracle a plus.
- Experience with other open source databases such as Postgres 9.x a plus.
- Self-motivated detail oriented and highly responsible. Capable of handling multiple complex assignments and taking on additional responsibilities as delegated.
Fluent in English and Portuguese
Local de trabalho: Alphaville