The Piping Engineer is reporting to the Project Manager and is responsible for the development of piping specifications, datasheets and technical requisitions for piping related items.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare requisitions, technical bid evaluations and supplier documentation review for varioius piping engineering items (pipe, manual valves, pipe supports, etc.).
- Perform, check and/or oversee all pipe stress analysis, assuring compliance with all applicable codes pertaining to piping systems and strain‐sensitive equipment.
- Conducts engineering cost, feasibility, and planning studies analyzing customer needs and data including researching, investigation, and coordination with other engineers and providing recommendations to the client.
- Support project management personnel with regular reporting, scheduling, staffing planning and coordination
- Check Engineering calculations as well as check all drawings in accordance with industry codes and standards; Assign tasks to and supervise the work of less senior personnel
- Coordinate with Piping Design team to ensure proper exchange of information (pipe materials, isometric drawing availability, pipe support type and location, etc.). Also coordinates with inspection group regarding appropriate testing, PWHT, etc. where applicable
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering;
- Candidate should worked in the Oil & Gas Industry, with experience in Floating Production Unit (FPU) design from conceptual to detail design;
- Knowledge of Engineering Codes and Standard applicable to the discipline;
- Rio de Janeiro (Centro);