This is an exciting, challenging position to work on big data linking and data analytics within an elite team of technologists at LexisNexis. As an Associate Software Engineer, you would help to design and implement big data solutions enterprise wide. This includes analyzing and linking large data problems using various statistical techniques, developing data models, implementing solutions, and providing support. You would also be involved in gap analyses of the business needs and identifying functional requirements.
• Provides expertise in designing and implementing big data analytic capabilities
• Performs data analysis, data model design, data linking, implementation, testing, debugging, documenting, and maintenance of several applications.
• Works with petabytes of complex datasets containing billions of records.
• Reviews, organizes, and analyzes statistical data to assist with research projects.
• Communicates and collaborate effectively on assignments with both technical and non-technical staff
• Analyzes and interprets data from different sources; create a decision summary for business or support related questions.
• Contributes to design sessions, quality testing, and code reviews.
• Works with other departments and team members to ensure the integrated system meets quality standards.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, statistics, or equivalent technical discipline
• Highly analytical, aspiring data scientist who enjoys learning about various data assets
• Creative and innovative approach to solving problems
• Ability to assemble, analyze, and evaluate big data and to be able to make appropriate and well-reasoned recommendations and decisions to the stakeholders
• Ability to think critically and be detail-oriented, but also understand the big picture
• Ability to work independently and within a cooperative team environment
• Good oral and written communications skills (Fluent in English and Portuguese)
• Solid understanding of data mining or statistical methods
• Strong technical work experience
• Experience in Agile Development environments
Local Trabalho: Alphaville